Optolite™ Backlights are available as custom design displays. With high brightness + low current they give even illumination.
Mi-Net Technology Ltd offer a custom service in LED backlight design with the following benefits:
- Low cost
- High brightness
- Low current
- Even illumination
- Design flexibility
- Easy application
The light from the LED is spread around the light guide and directed forwards by the side reflectors and the primary base reflector.
The primary reflector can be either white or can have an active layer combined with a coloured filter. The active layer absorbs and re-emits internal light and ambient light, if available.
LED Electro Optic Characteristics Absolute Maximum Ratings
Ambient Temperature 25°C
|P/N||Colour||Peak Wavelength||Forward Voltage VF(V)||Luminous Intensity (mcd)|
|P (Nm) Typ.||Typ.||Max||IF (mA)||Typ.||IF (mA)|
- Low melting point solder to be used. Soldering should be carried out at no more than 260°C. Length of time for soldering 3 seconds @ 2mm from the reflector edge.
- For ease of installation: 1mm diameter PCB holes are recommended.
- Any pre forming of the leads should be carried out before soldering.
- Current limiting should be incorporated in the circuit design as overdriven backlights will reduce life and reliability.
- Cleaning of backlights should be with Isopropyl alcohol (or equivalent).
- Storage temperature –70°C to +85°C Operating temperature –20°C to +80°C
- Thickness (typical): 3mm
- Tolerances (typical): +/– 0.3mm overall
The standard design is based on a 3mm thick backlight with an active primary reflector plus secondary side reflectors.
LEDs can be positioned on one, two, or four sides and with spacing to suit design requirements. The most cost effective solution involves the minimum number of LEDs per backlight required to give a specified even illumination.
The size and colour of the LED backlights, together with the number, colour and location of the LEDs are customer specified.